Sunday, January 27, 2013

Argentina...

I entered Argentina on a dirt road, I knew I had hundreds of miles of dirt ahead of me and wanted to go as fast as was sanely possible, while still taking in the vast landscape...



The dirt was packed down as hard as concrete, so I could move fast, but a gravel section got the best of me before I had time to slow down, and I crashed hard...

I was in a lot of pain in a lot of places, and my bike was pretty beat up, so instead of heading south I decided to cross Argentina to the East coast and the city of Comodoro Rivadavia- where I would be able to go to a hospital if I needed. I taped up the bike and started the painful trek across...


The next morning I felt better, so I continued my journey south along the coast...



The weather got bad as I headed into a storm that lasted all day- rain, high winds and cold...

The next morning the weather broke, and it got beautiful...

Pink flamingos and rainbows...

Then another ferry ride to Tierra Del Fuego-


Then it's south towards Ushuaia, the town at the bottom of South America...


And finally, my goal- Ushuaia. I made it on New Years Eve...


No comments:

Post a Comment