Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chile...


I entered Chile high up in the mountains, and then dropped down into the Atacama desert towards Arica. The most extensive desert I've ever experienced...



Even though my fork seal was blown- I couldn't not play in this amazing place...





I rode for days, heading south towards Santiago, it was hot and dry, but always interesting...


And finally Santiago, where Ignacio Rivas at i.m.r. motos worked on my bike...


Good times at my hostel and working out in the park...


When my bike was done I headed south towards Puerto Montt and the start of the Carratera Austral...

It took 3 ferry rides to really get into the amazing riding and scenery...











I decided to cross over to Argentina so I could catch the Famous route 40 south, I had heard about the high winds...
The small border crossing into Argentina- from here it would be a lot of dirt roads...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment