Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bolivia... got the better of me...

I entered Bolivia at Lake Titicaca, it cost $135 for the visa, but they didn't mention how much it would cost to pay off the cops who pulled me over for "speeding" or how much gas would cost from a restaurant owner because the gas stations are shut down...

The scenery was amazing, but I realized I had a blown fork seal, and I ran out of gas and had to beg a woman to sell me some at a crazy price. I decided to turn West and head into the Andes to get to Chile, where I knew my bike could be worked on and I wouldn't get ripped off... (many of my friends on bikes in Bolivia have had an amazing time- the country is beautiful, but its not doing well economically, and can be tough).

I don't know what these man-made mud things are, maybe ovens or storage, but there were a lot of them, and they were pretty cool...



No comments:

Post a Comment