Sunday, January 27, 2013

Peru... an off-road riders paradise...

We entered Peru near the coast, which was a nice break form the cold highlands of Ecuador...




Fun riding...

 

Riding up the amazing Canyon del Plato, 












From here I split off with from my buddies who were headed to Lima, I wanted to stay high in the mountains and traverse to Cusco, a 2.5 day ride on dirt at high elevation...




Then I came to a roadblock, they said it would be 3 hours til I could pass- so I decided to try to go up and around the work...

On my first attempt I made it a good ways, then rolled my bike down the hill. All the locals there decided to pitch in and help me out...


 With a bunch of high-fives and thumbs up- I was off...



Sometimes the riding was tricky...
 

Ran into these two fun riders...

Then Cusco...

Got some repairs done from my tumble...


Left a couple of days later headed towards Colca Canyon...


And came to this bridge... but getting around it was fun...



Made it to some hot springs, which were heaven after a long cold day of riding...


Headed up into Culca Canyon...



Then I was off, a long day of riding through high elevation cold weather headed towards the border of Bolivia...









No comments:

Post a Comment